Friday, July 13, 2007

Scams

This is not about MSN scams or emails from some security departments asking you to update your account info. This is a total scam from a large wireless service provider. A little more than a month ago, I called in to subsribe a communication value package and was told that I could get a month free trial. A month later, I called again and asked to switch to a lower price package since I don't need "Enhanced Voicemail" and they said I still have another 2 weeks before my free trial period expires...that's fine, and I thought everything is settled, until I received my statement today and noticed there were 2 charges, one was for the package I subsribed which was supposed to be free, the second charge is a prepayment for next month. My first response was to call them and inquire about the charges, and I was told that there were no messages in my file that indicated I have a free trial of the package and that I have to pay the full price. After complaining about the misrepresentation, they said they could waive half of the package fee, and that's it.

Lesson to learn: Always ask for the name of the representative. I didn't bother to ask for her name since I trust the company. But this tells me that business is business, always ask for proof or records of all things we do.

3 comments:

ray said...

never trust the rep! I bet if you insisted talking to the manager, you might be able to get what you wanted, but then it might not worth the effort.

deludeluboy said...

Yup! Trust no one! I learned that from The X-Files long time ago.

Joanne said...

Now I start to understand why people don't trust the bank, they rather put their money under the pillow.