Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happy Surprised Birthday to Ray!

After spending 2 days thinking about where to go for dinner on Ray's birthday, I decided on a fine dining restaurant that overlooks Coal Harbour. I thought, this is supposed to be good...good reviews, great ambiance. So I made the reservation 2 days in advance and even confirmed the time before we left. I only gave Ray the direction to the restaurant, I didn't want to tell him the name because I want to give him a surprise and wow him. So there we were, drove all the way to Denman street and paid $8 for parking, walked over to the restaurant. Then I realized something was wrong...how come the name is different...errrr...didn't seem right to me...the address was right though. But I went ahead and walked into the restaurant and was greeted by some Japanese. "Is this Bravo Bistro?" They looked at me and said, "this used to be Bravo Bistro, but they closed down half year ago" I couldn't believe what I heard, I was 100% sure that I made the reservation, how could this happen? 2 possibilities: 1. I made the call while I was dream walking. 2. I was on crack.

After a few urgent phone calls to friends, I got the restaurant's contact and found out that it's not Bravo, it's a Moroccan Restaurant located in gastown. Nice! BIG surprise for Ray and I did WOW him. Thanks to Entertainment Book!

No comments: