Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I Thought of My Old Colleagues

As I walked into Blackboard the other day to meet with Ray, I could see the walls are up. The old WebCT no longer exists. Although I don't work there, I can totally understand how Ray feels. This made me thought of my happy old days at the branch with my best colleagues. I thought of Kathryn, my good mentor and partner, who passed away not long ago. I thought of Vince everytime I pass by reception. I thought of Suzy who always tells funny jokes. There's a Chinese saying "桃花依旧,人面全非" Everything remains the same, except the people. I had a strong indescribable feeling, especially in the first 2 weeks of going back to work. I was very depressed. But reality tells me I have to look forward and do my very best. There's still a long path ahead of me. Looking back and thinking about the past is not going to get me anywhere.

5 comments:

deludeluboy said...

Joanne:
The same feeling goes for me. Yes, we need to look forward and pray that God to be with us. God, please give us the energy and wisdom to go thru our daily life and teach us to listen to your voice and not our's. In Jesus's nmae, amen!
deludeluboy

deludeluboy said...

Joanne:
The same feeling goes for me. Yes, we need to look forward and pray that God to be with us. God, please give us the energy and wisdom to go thru our daily life and teach us to listen to your voice and not our's. In Jesus's nmae, amen!
deludeluboy

Joanne said...

I thought you said God only blesses those who have strong relationships with Him. I'm helpless, but you hang on ok? I can see brightness ahead of you.

ray said...

I stopped thinking back long time ago, though occasionally some things or some smell, or some situation would still trigger flood of the memory. That's when you see me moody and devil-ie.

Joanne said...

you're always moody :P