Sunday, June 17, 2007

Customer Service

Ever since I set my path in a client-focused industry, I know how important it is to deliver and receive great customer service. You can make or ruin someone's day by that 3-minute conversation. In this job, I learned, and am still learning to say things in a more politically correct way. I have to admit that I am not a very well-rounded person, but common sense tells me what kinda tone I should use to avoid being blunt. Anyways, this entry is not about my job, it's about the service I got at Tim Hortons. I have to say that "everytime" I go there, something went wrong. At the one in Parksville, I waited more than 10 minutes for my order, then I realized they gave it to another customer. Yesterday we went to Michael's in Richmond. Ray suggested to have a light lunch, so we dropped in Tim Hortons next door. I was served by a trainee, beside him was his trainer. After answering them all the standard questions, the lady (trainer) took out 2 ceramic cups, and when I asked if I could have paper cups, she took a deep breath and let out a big sigh...
I got no instructions as where to pick up my order....I guess they assume everyone knows. Anyways, they got my food ready almost immediately this time. Then I noticed something was missing. That's it...it's the donuts!
We don't eat out at Tim Hortons very often, the main reason I go there is to get Timbits for my mother-in-law because they're her favorites (yea..I'm a good daughter-in-law :P) Everytime when I asked if they can give me the ones with fillings, they would stare at me and give me a weird/unfriendly look. Is something on my face?

2 comments:

ray said...

I'm generally quite laid back when I deal with fast food service ppl. I know that they are prolly making minimum pay, and yet working like crazy. So, just cheer up, and if you really hate that cashier, just yell at them. :) cuz they can't really posion your food.

I guess I'm volunteering myself to order food from now on. haha...

but then, me, no english... me dumb dumb...

Joanne said...

you dumb, I dumb...
thank you for volunteering!