Saturday, June 2, 2007

Fatherhood

To me, this term means more than just parenting. It also means nurturing. I believe today's family men are different than those of the past generations. It's not surprising to see a father feeding his baby, in fact, this is one way to share responsibilities and to bond with the child. I never thought this is an issue, until hubby said he wouldn't bottle feed Caitlyn in public! He said he doesn't want to make it a scene. Come on, I'm not asking him to breastfeed, what is he thinking? I personally find it very sexy to see a father feeding his baby. I really don't understand what's on Ray's mind.

Talking about men, I'm not sure if other women share my point of view. I think it's totally OK for a man to cry, especially infront his loved one. It's a way of showing trust. It's just so sensual and affectionate. Ray, don't roll your eyes please! If women can express themselves explicitly, why can't men do the same? There's no point to cry under your blanket.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ray and I have discussed this whole feeding babies in public thing, and I agree that he's being stupid. Force him to do this once, and he'll probably get over his fears.

ray said...

crap! even Alex is aganist with Friend A.

Fine... feeding in public is okay! I can see and feel the aura from the Dad who's bottle feeding the baby in the crowded mall. yah... and then women surrounding him saying... sexy man...

What about the crying?! Alex, huh?!

Joanne said...

I don't think this is about fear. It's probably one of those "losing face" thing. Ray, you do have a big face, don't worry about losing it :P

deludeluboy said...

Ray, I have to agree with Joanne this time. It is really ok for men to bottle feed baby. Believe me, if I can breast feed, I probably would too. And yes, is sexy in women's eyes. Regarding crying, I do it all the time. Even without any reason. Man, it feels g...o...oo...d afterward.
deludeluboy

Joanne said...

yay! deludeluboy is my true friend :)
thank you for your support!