Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Amazing Grace

Becoming a mother is such a powerful and life-changing experience. Being a mother means working around the clock with no breaks or paid, walking the floor at 3:00am every night trying to put the baby back to sleep, putting my baby's needs before my own, and dealing with frustrations while keeping myself positive. Caring for Caitlyn has become my most important job, a job that gives me challenges and satisfaction, a job that shaped me into a more responsible and independent person, and a job so tough that I sometimes want to quit. And my biggest rewards are, of course, an innocent smile and a big tight hug. From feeling that little kick to watching the helpless little bundle turning into an independent baby crawling around is such an amazing experience, an experience given to me from our God to shape me into a better person.

2 comments:

ray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ray said...

Nice writing. :)

Although I am not the one who has to wake up at 3:00 every morning, I'm so hearing you. :) Thanks for being such a great mom, great wife, and a great daughter in law. :) I feel like I am handing out rewards. :) and of course, I'm the big winner. :)